The Rimac Group has spun off Rimac Technology as a wholly-owned independent company. Sister company Bugatti Rimac (previously Rimac Automobili) is jointly owned by the Rimac Group, which has a 55% stake, and Porsche, which owns the remaining 45%.
Bugatti Rimac will continue to focus on building “hypercars,” while Rimac Technology will provide components to other OEMs. “This new structure will enable each company to flourish to their full potential, while still sharing the synergies between them—for example using our own hypercars as testbeds for new technology before we offer it to other OEMs.”
Rimac Technology “is free from any oversight by any other manufacturer, including investors into the Rimac Group business. It’s…important for Rimac Technology clients that their projects are kept confidential.”
Rimac Technology currently works with “many major automotive manufacturers across Europe,” using the engineering expertise gained by developing the Nevera hypercar to offer a range of products. Rimac Technology is known to have worked with Porsche, Hyundai, Kia, Pininfarina, Koenigsegg and Aston Martin, and says it has “many additional projects which are still unknown to the public.”
Rimac Technology is ramping up its production capacity, and will be manufacturing “tens of thousands of high-performance systems per year by 2024,” and will be offering “products ranging from small hybrid battery systems to full rolling chassis.”
The company will expand its activities in the engineering, development, production, and supply of battery systems, electric drive units, electronic systems, and user interface components.
“If we go back to the very beginning of the Rimac Automobili business in 2009, the dream for me was to build my own electric hypercar,” said Mate Rimac, CEO of The Rimac Group. “With Nevera we believe we’ve achieved that dream, creating a car that is not only the fastest accelerating in the world, but also comfortable, usable and brimming with our advanced technology. But Nevera isn’t just a standalone project, it’s a showcase of what Rimac Technology can do free from the costs or volume restraints of a large-scale manufacturer. The e-axles, torque vectoring, battery systems, connectivity, AI, and countless other electrical systems on Nevera are all our own creations, and each of them can be scaled to suit applications you might find on a range of higher-volume performance vehicles.”
Source: The Rimac Group